Over 50 Years of Service
to the international shipping industry
Cardillo & Corbett
New York Maritime Litigation And Arbitration Attorneys Representing Clients Internationally
If you or your organization is involved in any business dispute involving maritime law, it is extremely important to partner with attorneys who have an expertise in these issues.
Our United States arbitration and litigation lawyers at Cardillo & Corbett have extensive experience in a broad range of maritime claims and disputes in state and federal courts and before the Society of Maritime Arbitrators and the American Arbitration Association. We have extensive experience in the resolution of maritime-related disputes and claims arising out of time and voyage charter parties, bills of lading, booking notes, and slot charters providing for the carriage of goods by sea; vessel casualties, salvage and general average; marine insurance; ship repair, construction, and sale and purchase contracts; arrest and attachment of vessels, bunkers and other property for the enforcement of maritime claims and liens.
By combining our personalized approach to counsel with the expertise we have honed over half a century in maritime law, we have helped thousands of clients reach ideal outcomes in maritime legal issues.
To find out more about some of our legal services, click a link below:
- Charter Party Disputes, including hire and off-hire claims, freight and demurrage claims, and vessel damage claims
- Loss and damage to cargo carried pursuant to the Hague Convention, the Hague-Visby Rules, the Hamburg Rules and their various enactments worldwide, including the United States Carriage of Goods by Sea Act (COGSA)
- Disputes arising out of ship construction and repair contracts
- Disputes arising out of ship sale and purchase contracts
- Arrests and maritime attachments under Rules B and C of the Supplemental Rules for Admiralty or Maritime Claims
- Marine Insurance claims
- Disputes among shareholders or joint venturers involving ship owning companies